News Article

Flood Resilience Grants

Flood Resilience grants

What are flood resilience grants?

Following on from the recent floods across the United Kingdom this December the government have allocated money to local councils across the country for improvements to be made to properties in order to make them more resilient to the effects of flooding. These grants can be spent either preventing the flow of water into the property or on speeding up the recovery if a property does flood. The amount on offer for these flood resilience grants is £5000 per property and is to be spent on resilience or resistance to flooding above the repairs which would normally be covered by insurance.

Who can apply for flood resilience grants?

Flood resilience grants are available to anyone who is the owner of a residential property including static caravans (if it’s a primary residence) where habitable areas including cellars or integral garages have been damaged from flooding caused by storm Desmond or Eva.

The owners of businesses and charitable properties whose internal areas of the premises have been damaged by Storm Desmond or Eva can also apply for grants providing the premises are critical to day to day operations. (I.e. not storage sheds or warehouses).

Please note any works which have begun or been completed prior to application will not be eligible.

What can be applied for under flood resilience grants?

All councils will provide a list of measures qualify for funding with the application forms, these vary from means to help with the speeding up the recovery of a property after it has flooded to ways which will prevent the level of flooding which occurs when flooding strikes, one of the ways they recommend is to replace mineral cavity wall insulation within walls with closed cell insulation.

This is because unlike traditional wool insulation closed cell doesn’t absorb the water during flooding, so it doesn’t allow water to pass through to the internal wall and into the property.

We offer a closed cell spray foam cavity wall insualtion called Technitherm.

Technitherm is the only product to pass both the BRE (British Research Establishment) Flood Resilience Test and to meet their requirements for use in walls with defective or missing damp proof courses. it is a one time fit product and will not be damaged by flooding and remains servicable onces the flooding has passed. As well as offering flood resilience quailties Technitherm spray foam cavity wall insulation also offers great insulation qualites keeping your house warmer.

If you would like more infomation about tehchnitherm please don’t hesitate to contact us, our technical team will be on hand to assist with any questions you may have.

Where to apply?

If you are looking to apply for a flood resilience grant please check that your local council is running the scheme and that you our eligible to apply.

Some councils running the scheme are listed below:



Even if your council isn’t listed above funding may still be available, please check with them directly.








Newhouse Road,
Huncoat Industrial Estate,

General Enquiries

Tel: +44 (0)1254 872555Email:

Sales Enquiries

Tel: +44 (0)1254 872555Email:

Technical Enquiries

Tel: +44 (0)1254 872555Email:

Prepolymers & Export Enquiries

Tel: +44 (0)1254 872555Email:


Enter your email to receive latest newsletters and industry updates

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience. View Cookies Policy

I'm fine with this